Friday, March 13, 2015

organizing information

I was a mediocre student. I did well because I was good at tests, but I didn’t learn how to do the one thing that would be really useful, long after I left geometry and biology and European history behind me. I never learned how to study.

I’m really regretting that as I go through Code Academy’s Javascript course.

I’ve gone through the first 22 modules in their “Getting Started” lesson, and these are my notes so far. I still have to finish this first lesson, and then there are 15 more lessons after that. If I keep taking notes like this, by the end of it all I’m going to have an incoherent mess.

I’m just not sure how to organize them. It doesn’t lend itself to the kinds of organization I’m familiar with — spreadsheets for work, folders for my documents, scenes for my stories. I need a way to organize them so I can easily reference them later. I need to make sure that I’ll understand them later.

Moral of the story: Stay in school, kids. Learn science & history & math & english if you can, but if nothing else, learn to take notes.

The Dean rocks back and forth with text Would that this hoodie were a timehoodie

No comments:

Post a Comment