Friday, April 24, 2015

too much ambition, too little fuel

My goal was to make a blog post every Saturday. Didn’t happen last week because cat shenanigans & Dad-sitting; won’t happen this week because tabletop gaming convention (excitement!!!), and probably won’t happen next week because Maryland Sheep & Wool.

It’s very strange, having a social life. I spent 26 years without much of one.

But I do want to blog, and post short pieces of fiction (interactive or not). All the ideas I come up with tend to be longer than I can write, code, & post in a weekend, though. I feel like I haven’t really hit on my thing yet. The thing I can be passionate and articulate about, that I love enough to love publicly without being afraid that I don’t know enough about it to fit in.

Something will click eventually. Just got to keep throwing different kinds of paint at the wall.

In the meantime, an excerpt from my current project:

I don’t realize something is wrong until I notice that we’d somehow skipped nightfall. It’d been late afternoon when I’d parked at the base of the mountain. School hadn’t even let out until at least three. But judging from the sun, right now it can’t be later than 10 AM. It should be 6 P.M..

The next thing I notice is a city where my car should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment